Friday, February 28, 2014


As of tomorrow, I’m looking for a new job.

I’m no longer happy where I am. Two weeks ago, I was given a first and final warning for something that I don’t believe warranted a first AND final warning.

After almost six years, I get one warning?

I feel as if my job is constantly in jeopardy. I did not see the warning coming. I know the big boss has been unhappy with me because I have had a bit of time off recently (all rape-related – court, counselling, etc). I think the fact that I was meant to be leaving this year to go to uni in Shepp has also pissed him off.

I just feel like they no longer want me there – or at least, he doesn’t.

It’s not the fun, great, team-oriented place to work that it used to be. Almost everyone there is stressed, unhappy, and wants to leave.

I can’t wait for them to take my job. It’s not worth the risk to me. So now that final exams are over, I will start looking elsewhere.  

It’s so disappointing. I really thought that I would be with the same company until I got my degree and moved on, happily and with no hard feelings.

Now I want to get out as quickly as possible. To find my happiness again, to feel safe and secure and to ensure that I can keep the house and keep the dogs fed.

I guess we’ll see what happens. In the meantime, I’ll keep my head down and try not to upset anyone or lose my job while I’m looking for something else.

No comments: